Through the grace of Baptism, we become God the Father’s sons and daughters in Christ. We are thrilled to assist you and/or your children in receiving this amazing and life-changing sacrament.
- Baptisms for infants usually take place at 2:15 P.M. on Sundays.
- If your child has reached the use of reason (usually around 6 or 7) and is under the age of 18, please contact the Director of Religious Education.
- If you are an adult seeking baptism, please see our Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) page.
- Please use this form to register your child for baptism. A member of the parish staff will contact you upon receiving your submission.
- Please note: You must be a parishioner to schedule the baptism of your child at St. Mary’s.
Baptism Preparation Class:
The baptism preparation class is offered at 7:30 P.M. on the first Monday of every month. Please contact the office to register.
- A sponsor (godparent) must have completed his or her 16th year (an exception can be made by the pastor for a just cause).
- A sponsor must be a Catholic who has received the Sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Communion. This person must also be practicing the Catholic faith.
- If married, a sponsor must be married in the Catholic Church. If single, a sponsor must not be cohabiting.
- At least two weeks before the date of the baptism, sponsors must submit a letter of eligibility from his or her parish indicating that he or she meets the above requirements. Parishioners of St. Mary should contact the parish office for this letter.
- Only one sponsor is required. If you would like to have two sponsors, one must be male and the other must be female (i.e. there cannot be two males or two females).
- Parents of the child being baptized cannot be the child’s . Grandparents or other family members may serve in this role.
- A baptized, practicing non-Catholic Christian may not be a sponsor. That person may participate as a Christian witness but does not replace the sponsor. A Catholic who is not practicing his or her faith cannot participate as a Christian witness or sponsor.
- The sponsor does not have to be present at the baptism. A proxy may stand in his or her place. However, the same requirements for a sponsor apply to a proxy.
- If you have questions about the suitability of someone to serve as a sponsor, please speak with one of the priests as soon as possible.