Potomac Assembly 2204
Potomac Assembly 2204 Alexandria, Virginia
Faithful Navigator – Buck Coates email@example.com
Faithful Captain – Ed Stance
Faithful Pilot – Bob Reynolds
Color Corp Manual (click here)
- Full Year 2017-2018 Potomac Assembly 2204 Calendar (Updated July 6th) – click here
NAVIGATOR’S LOG ———–
- July & August Log (click here)
- Thursday, August 3rd – 6:00PM to ~9:30pm – “Assembly 2204 Movie Night” “Dunkirk” –– at AMC Hoffman Center 22, 206 Swamp Fox Road, Alexandria (Click here for directions, just off Eisenhower). Click here for the Sign-up Genius.
- Saturday, August 5th – 11am: Patriotic Rosary at Mt Vernon Council 5998
- Tuesday, August 22nd – Installation of Pastor at St Louis. Color Corps Honor Guard as part of service. Maximum turnout is requested. See FN Buck Coates for details. Time of Mass etc to be determined
- Monday, August 28th – Past Faithful Navigator, Fred Beata, Dinner. The party will be on August 28, 2017 at the El Paso Mexican Restaurant, 8746 Cooper Road, Alexandria, VA 22309 starting at 6:30 pm for cocktails and ordering, with dinner starting at 7:00 pm (click here for directions). Cost is $20.00 per person with meals from a select menu, but with non-alcoholic drinks. The POC is Captain Ed Stance and you can pay him when you see him This also doubles as the monthly Business Meeting. Click here for Sign-up Genius
- Saturday, July 22nd, 8:15 – 11:00amArlington Cemetery – Laying of the Wreath: Saturday (contact Ed Stance for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org) We have been offered the opportunity for a guided tour of Arlington Cemetery by SK Dave Kammen, a member of the staff at Arlington. We will meet at 0815 on Memorial Drive, just across from the main administration building. Dave will lead us to parking and then we will board a small bus and proceed to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for the 0900 changing of the Guard. After the ceremony, the Color Corps will place a wreath at the Tomb. Note, only four Color Corps members are allowed to place the wreath. Additional members are encouraged to wear regalia and support the wreath laying. No swords with regalia. Afterwards, SK Dave will take us on a tour of the main highlights of the cemetery. Click here for the Sign-up Genius. Information about Arlington Cemetery and the general event/background info can be found here. See the link in the pic below to view the photos of the Color Guard from the July 22nd event.
- Monday, June 26th – 7:30pm: Potomac Assembly 2204 Installation of Officers 2017
The Sir Knights of Potomac Assembly 2204 will form to install the officers for 2017-2018 Columbian Year (click here for list). The uniform is tux, social baldric, pin of the order and name tags. If you are coming from work, coat and tie or duty uniform is appropriate. The Faithful District Master Tom Trudeau will preside. All incoming officers should attend. Newly elected officers should arrive 30 minutes early – 7:00pm. If you are an incoming officer and not able to make the installation, please contact FN-elect Buck Coates, 703.751.8362. Wives and significant others are invited to the ceremony and the dinner afterwards. Wives and significant others of newly installed officers will be asked to assist with the presenting of the Jewels of office. There will be light snacks in the lounge during the installation. Afterwards there will be a catered dinner. Location: Council #5998 located at 8592 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22309 (directions) The installation of Potomac Assembly Officers took place on June 26th. Click here to see photos from the proceedings.
- Sunday, June 18th, Corpus Cristi Procession, St Mary’s Church – Bishop Burbidge Celebrant & Procession Leader
Sir Knights Pictured: Steve Smith, Emmett O’Hare and Joe Castillo
The Potomac Assembly # 2204 is made of 4th degree knights from the following three Councils:
- Fitzgerald Council # 459. Grand Knight is Bill Beach email@example.com
- Mount Vernon Council #5998 Grand Knight is SK John J. Daly GrandKnight@KofC5998.org
- Fort Belvoir Council # 11170 Grand Knight is ——– (to be updated)
The Potomac Assembly # 2204 was founded 06/01/1990. The regular meetings are held at 7:30 PM at the Mount Vernon Council on the 4th Monday of each month except for the months of May and December when the meetings are moved to the 3rd Monday of the month due to the major holidays of Memorial Day & Christmas. The link to the Mount Vernon Council #5998 can be found here. Directions to the 5998 Council can be found here. The Potomac Assembly is under the leadership of the the Faithful Navagator Buck Coates (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Potomac Assembly is under the Virginia District Master, Cy Alba and the District Marshall for Arlington Diocese is Thomas A Trudeau The Virginia District is part of the Calvert Province which covers Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia for the Knights of Columbus Fourth Degree Members. The Fourth Degree was established on February 22, 1900, on the principle of patriotism – love for and devotion to one’s country. The Fourth Degree Knights focus the majority of their activities on this principle. The Fourth Degree is an important part of the Knights of Columbus Catholic, family, fraternal, service organization. The Calvert Province is one of the original 6 provinces established by the Knights of Columbus. It originally included New York and New Jersey. The province was named for the Calvert Family (Lord Baltimore) that formed the state of Maryland. There have been 15 Vice Supreme Masters of the Calvert Province. The highest officer is the Supreme Master, chosen by the Order’s Board of Directors
Contact the apostolate leader Faithful Navigator Buck Coates at email@example.com or by using this form.